We have listed Frequently asked questions about digital gold and there answers
- KYC & Nominee
- Buying Digital Gold
- Purity, Safety & Storage of your gold
- Savings Plan
- Gifting Digital Gold
- Selling Digital Gold
- Exchanging at Partner stores
- Getting physical delivery of gold
1. Is it possible to change my registered mobile number?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your registered mobile number.
2. In case I lose my registered mobile number, how do I reset my password?
Please contact our support team if you lose/forget your mobile number.
3. What happens to my accumulated Gold/Silver in case of any mishap?
In the event of any casualty or death, the nominee is entitled to all investments secured in the vault.
4. Is a PAN Card mandatory?
PAN Card details are required only when a transaction value crosses Rs. 2 Lakh.
KYC & Nominee
1. Why should I get my KYC done with Goldlane?
Our top priority is the safety and security of your investment. KYC verification helps us to validate your authenticity and aids in adding a nominee for your account. This also helps us to prevent potentially fraudulent activities.
2.What benefits do KYC-verified customers have?
GoldLane KYC verified customers can avail the following benefits
1. Eligible to make purchases of Gold/Silver above ₹10,000 collectively
2. Eligible to sell Gold/Silver worth above ₹1000 collectively
3. Get gold/silver delivered to your home
4. Exchange your gold/silver at our partner stores
5. Avail exclusive offers and discounts
3. How to verify KYC on GoldLane?
We have made it easy for you. Simply open the app and do the following
1. Go to settings
2. Open profile.
4. What are the cases my KYC may get rejected?
1. If Documents are blurry or if the details are unclear
2. Face on the document does match user’s face
3. Any other activity that our verification team deems suspicious. In such cases, the reasons shall be notified to the user.
5. What KYC documents are accepted?
In order to complete your KYC verification process, you may submit any one of the following Government validated identification cards:
1. Voter Card
2. Aadhar Card
3. Driving License
4. PAN Card
6. How do I add a Nominee for my account?
After completing KYC verification,
1. open the settings
2. click on “Add Nominee” and fill out the requisite details. In case your KYC verification hasn’t been completed, please visit your Profile and complete the verification to add a nominee.
7. Is it possible to change the Nominee?
Yes, we offer you the option to change your nominee. Please contact our support team for further details
8. How and when does a nominee play the role?
GoldLane monitors your login activity. In case your account is completely inactive for more than 365 days, we will notify you. And if there’s no response from your behalf for 21 days, we will contact your nominee and further process will be carried out.
1. How to buy digital gold on GoldLane?
On the GoldLane app,
1. Open buy option
2. Choose the commodity you want to buy.
3. Enter value in Rupee or Weight
4. Proceed to payment.
2. What can I do with my accumulated digital Gold?
At GoldLane, we offer you the flexibility to sell, exchange or get your gold delivered to your doorstep.
3. What is the minimum amount required to buy digital gold/silver?
We offer digital gold/silver purchase options from prices starting as low as ₹1.
4. What is the purity of gold/silver I buy from GoldLane?
Our offerings include 24 Karat (999) and 22 Karat (916) Gold and Silver (999).
5. What is the assurance for purity and safety of the gold/silver I purchase?
All our offerings are BIS Hallmark/Independent Assayer certified. GoldLane offers the best assurance for your gold, in terms of quality as well as security.
Industry Standard Vaults, coupled with insurance coverage, ensures that your gold and investments are in the safest hands.
6. How to check my vault balance?
On the GoldLane app, choose vault option and you should be able to see your vault balance with nett worth of it.
7. Can I buy gold/silver coins directly?
Yes, you will be able to make purchases directly from the GoldLane app. Our highest safety standards ensure that all your private information is safe with us.
8. Where can I obtain an invoice for my purchases?
After a purchase is made, an Invoice will be sent directly to your registered email id.
You can also find a copy of the Invoice in your order summary.
9. Can I cancel the Buy order?
Unfortunately, once an order is placed, you will not be able to cancel it.
10. How often are the prices changed/updated for a transaction?
Gold/Silver prices are linked to International markets and often fluctuate. Once a transaction is initiated, you have to complete the purchase within five minutes, following which the prices are updated again.
11. How do you determine the price?
At GoldLane, the rates on our gold/silver offerings are based on International Pricing Standards. Local taxes/GST is included before we determine the final price.
12. My Buy order was successful, but it hasn’t reflected in my Digital Vault?
We usually take 5-30 minutes to process your order. Don’t be alarmed if the transaction doesn’t reflect in the vault immediately. In case the status does not change after 30 minutes, please contact our support team and we’ll help you resolve the issue.
Purity, Safety and Stroge of your Gold
1. What is the Guarantee that GoldLane’s products are pure?
All the products we offer at GoldLane are BIS Hallmark /Independent Assayer certified. Our gold/silver does not just shine, it shines with excellence.
2. How safely my Gold/Silver is stored?
Industry Standard Vaults, coupled with insurance coverage, ensures that your gold and investments are in the safest hands.
3. Is there any charge for storing my gold?
No storage charges are levied if your account is active.
1. How can I start a savings plan through GoldLane?
1. On the GoldLane app tap savings plan to explore.
2. GoldLane has created few plans for users according to their needs and convenience of investing in Gold.
3. You also have option to create a custom plans.
2. Is it possible to cancel my savings plan in between?
Yes. At GoldLane, we offer you the flexibility to withdraw your plan whenever you want.
3. Is there any cancellation charge?
No. There are no charges for cancellation of plans.
4. Is there any lock-in period for gold accumulated in a savings plan?
No. There is no lock-in period for gold accumulated in a savings plan. GoldLane only recommends to hold the accumulated gold for better returns.
5. Can I sell or Exchange gold accumulated before my plan gets completed?
Yes. Upon accumulating gold/silver in your Digital vault, you have the option to either exchange or sell it.
6. How accurate is Est. Gold Accumulation and Est. Growth predicted in the Savings Plan?
We use historical data to predict Estimated Gold Accumulation and Growth values. Please note that these values are only for reference purposes and the predictions may vary based on market conditions and other factors. Kindly read the Disclaimer before investing in a savings plan.
7. What are the payment options that support auto-payment in GoldLane savings plan?
1. All major credit cards are accepted for auto payments.
2. If you own Visa or MasterCard debit cards issued by ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Citibank and Canara Bank then you can enjoy an automated recurring payment facility with just one-time authentication.
8. Does GoldLane support UPI based auto-payment?
We are currently working on UPI based auto-payment option. You will be notified soon once we Implement it.
1. How to gift gold using GoldLane?
On the GoldLane app
1. Select Gift option
2. Choose the commodity
3. Enter the mobile number of the user you want to Gift
4. Enter the amount or Grams you want to Gift
5. Finally choose a custom designed Gift card and send the gift with a lovely message.
2. Can I gift digital Gold/Silver from my Vault Balance?
In order to prevent any fraud/misuse, we do not facilitate digital gold gifting from your existing Vault balance.
Before Gifting, kindly ensure that the receiver is registered with us. Thereafter, you can choose the type of product that you wish to gift and the quantity. Enter the registered mobile number of the receiver and send your gift, along with a personal message
3. Can I gift digital Gold/Silver to a person who doesn’t have a GoldLane account?
No.In order to accept gifts, the receiver has to be registered with GoldLane as well.
4. I opted to gift gold/silver via the GoldLane app but the recipient did not receive it. What should I do?
In such cases, kindly contact our customer support team.
1. How to sell my accumulated gold on GoldLane?
After entering the GoldLane app,
1. open sell option
2. choose the commodity and enter the weight you want to sell.
3.Check your bank details and enter iPin to proceed.We will transfer to your account after verification
2. Why are buy and sell prices different?
GST and other local taxes are few reasons for the difference in buying and selling prices.
3. How long does it take for my account to be credited if I sell my digital gold?
1. For KYC-verified customers, the settlement usually takes place within the same day to 24 hours.
2. For unverified customers, it takes 3 working days.
Note: In extremely rare cases, we may take 3 days for verified GoldLane users and you will be informed the same.
4. What happens if I enter a Bank account mismatching the registered user name?
If the bank account details given for settlement do not match with that of the user, we will reject the sell order and your Gold/Silver will be reversed back to your digital vault.
5. What should I do if I want to use some other person’s Bank Details?
GoldLane is committed in protecting your transactions.
Kindly contact our support team with a valid reason to use some other Bank details for sell order settlements.
Please note that You may also be required to submit additional documents to complete this process.
6. I sold my gold/silver but still haven’t received cash even after 3 working days?
We take a maximum of 3 working days to verify the transaction and settle the amount with your bank. In extremely rare case if it has been delayed for more than 3 days, kindly contact our support team and we will help you out.
7. Is it possible to change my bank account details?
In order to change your bank account details, simply
1. Go to the Settings tab on the GoldLane app
2. Click on Bank Details and Edit.
8. Can I cancel my sell order?
Unfortunately, once an order is placed, you will not be able to cancel it. In some case, we may cancel the sell order if the KYC is unverified
9. What is the minimum sell value?
The Minimum selling value for digital gold and silver must be greater than or equal to Rs. 10.
10. In case of instant transfers, what are the charges?
While normal settlements are free of cost, we levy a charge of Rs.10/per transaction for instant settlements. However, your bank account details shall be verified for all the processes.
Exchanging at partner stores
1. How can I exchange digital gold through GoldLane app?
On the GoldLane app,
1. go to exchange from the home screen.
2. Choose commodity and Enter weight.
3. Scan the partners QR code or Enter ID followed with iPin proceed.
2. Where can I exchange my digital gold/silver?
You can exchange accumulated Digital Gold/Silver for ornaments at any of GoldLane’s partner stores.
3. Do I have to pay an extra charge for a gold ornament?
Yes. Making charges are decided by the respective jeweller based on the type of ornament. These charges are to be paid directly by the user.
4. Does goldlane guarantee the purity of gold at partner stores?
While we have partnered with reputable jewellers, GoldLane verifies BIS Hallmark certificate of Jewellers when partnering with them. However, its users responsible to check for the purity/BIS Hallmark certification of ornaments purchased from Partner’s stores.
5. I transferred gold from my account but the Partner store did not receive that yet. What should I do?
While this is a rarity, such incidents may occur due to technical glitches. Please contact our support team and we will help you to resolve the issue.
6. Does GoldLane offer an exchange rate?
We do not offer any exchange rates. However, in case the difference is greater than GoldLane’s selling price, please file a report with our support team.
7. Can I reverse the exchange order?
Unfortunately, once an order is placed, you will not be able to reverse it.
Getting Physical Delivery:
1. How to request for delivery on the GoldLane app?
On the GoldLane app, open Delivery.
1. Choose among the coin designs and the denomination weight you need.
2. Proceed with the payment.
2. Can I get delivery of coins/bars higher than the digital gold balance in my vault?
Yes, you can. You just have to pay for the cost of the differential amount and we’ll deliver the product to you.By paying an extra amount, the coins will be delivered to you.
For Example: In case you have 1.2 grams of gold in your vault and you wish to purchase a 2 gram gold coin, you can mark “Use my vault balance” at checkout and pay for the cost of the remaining 0.8 grams
3. Can I Collect The Coins From The Delivery Center Directly?
No. Currently, we only accept delivery requests made via the GoldLane app. We shall, however, notify you once we allow direct collection of gold/silver from our partner stores
4. Is it possible to cancel the Delivery order and get back Gold/Silver in digital form?
Once an order has been placed, it can neither be cancelled nor be reversed to digital gold/silver.
5. Can I change my delivery address after placing an order?
In case you’ve placed an order, and wish to change the delivery address, kindly contact our customer support team.
6. Do I Have To Show Any Documents at the Time Of Delivery?
Yes. At the point of delivery, the recipient shall show any of the following Government-approved identification cards to collect the product:
1. Aadhar Card
2. Driver’s License
3. Voters Identification Card Or
Only once the credentials of the recipient is confirmed, the company/courier agent will hand over the product. In order to ensure maximum safety, details of the recipient shall be noted and therefore, the recipient of the package is requested to cooperate with the delivery agent by providing a valid copy of their Government-approved personal identification card.
7. What To Do If I Miss The Delivery?
In case you missed the delivery, Immediately contact our customer support team.
8. What Is The Duration Required For Delivery?
Usually, it takes 5 -14 working days for us to deliver your product. However, please note that the duration may vary depending on the buyers’ location and other factors.
9. Is It Possible That After Choosing A Specific Product, I Get Intimation Saying The Product Is Out Of Stock? In Such A Case What Do I Do?
1.The amount paid will be returned to your bank account within 3-7 working days.
2.Once you get a refund, select any other product from the Goldlane platform.
10. What Is The Return Policy In Case I Receive A Different Product Or Damaged Goods?
We request our customers to check the product/package for any damage or tampering before accepting it. In case you happen to find any damage or receive a tampered package, do not accept it and the package will be returned to us and we will provide a replacement.
However, GoldLane shall not be held accountable for any loss or damage reported after the package has been accepted.
11. I didn’t get delivery in the given timeline.What should I do next?
Please note that delivery dates may vary based on your location and other external factors. In case you feel it is taking longer, kindly contact our support team.